WHO WE ARE
Hamilton Kerala Samajam was registered as an incorporated society on 1st February 2006 realising the dream and aspiration of Malayalees settled in Hamilton for several years to form an organisation to preserve and promote our cultural identity. It is the first democratically formed Malayalee organisation in Hamilton. Since that time, Samajam has worked consistently to support members and Malayalees in Hamilton and has a strong history of quality program delivery and of encouraging innovation and creative cultural expression in traditional arts and sports. Samajam is also a registered charity under Charities Commission of New Zealand.
Hamilton Kerala Samajam Inc. is a not for profit charitable incorporated society of people of Kerala ancestry, known as Malayalees, living in Hamilton, New Zealand. The overarching purpose of the Samajam is community development in Hamilton by promoting cultural, educational and social activities of Malayalees. Malayalees cherish their social, cultural and religious inheritance and celebrate their inherited values as different festivals like Vishu, Easter, Onam, Christmas etc. The Samajam tries to preserve and nurture the Malayalee culture and to bring up the younger generation of members within the cultural heritage by organising and celebrating the traditional festivals. In addition, the Samajam organises various sports activities, recreational activities and also help new Malayalee immigrants settle down in Hamilton. Samajam also promotes Malayalam language in New Zealand by bringing Malayalam books and literature and also by holding classes. We hope by safeguarding and promoting cultural identity among Malayalees, we have plenty to contribute to the social and cultural environment of New Zealand.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To promote communal harmony and to foster understanding between Malayalees and other cultures in New Zealand.
- To preserve, maintain, promote, foster and encourage the cultural identity and traditions of Malayalees in New Zealand.
- To promote and educate the Kerala native language “Malayalam”, Malayalam literature and literary traditions in New Zealand.
- To organise activities of educational value and to support education of children, youth and adults.
- To invite artists to perform in Hamilton & other places in New Zealand, if required, under the auspices of the Samajam.
- To provide support for the care of children, aged and disabled.
- To organise and promote sports & recreational activities in Hamilton.
- To provide health and hygiene awareness.
- To collectively celebrate social and religious festivals which are traditionally celebrated by Malayalees in their native land, Kerala.
- To represent the Hamilton Malayalee Community in order to safeguard and promote their interests while dealing with members of the public, business organisations, and government agencies.
- To assist Malayalees in all possible ways, especially in times of difficulties, misfortune and the like and also to alleviate poverty in the wider community of Hamilton.
- To assist new migrants with advice, guidance, and help, in their effort to settle down in New Zealand.
test - house for sale in Hamilton City
test - three bed room house for rent
Fruit picking job available - test
Malayalee Insurance agent
Contact us for all your insurance - tst
Renovation / Alterations
Any type of renovation or alteration in your home. Test